• We are currently experiencing high volumes of calls, which may make it difficult to contact us by phone. The application period for repayment forgiveness for 2022 is December 15 (Thu.), so please leave plenty of time to contact us if you need to. General inquiries can also be made through our official LINE account.

  • We’ve found that many calls meant for the Special Loan Center (TEL:050-2018-7020) are mistakenly being made to a different number. So please check the number carefully before dialing.

Click on the items below to jump to the section on the page.

1. Latest news

2. Applying for repayment forgiveness

3. Making repayments

4. Notifications of change of address and other changes in living arrangements

5. Inquiries


Notices regarding repayments commencing will begin to be sent out at the beginning of December.
You will receive a sealed postcard if you had registered an account to be debited for repayments by the end of October.

Those who have not registered their account should have already received the necessary forms in a sealed envelope. Please return them by Thursday, December 15.


In 2022, the procedures for repayment forgiveness can be made for the Emergency Small Amount Funds (緊急小口資金) and the first three months of the General Support Funds (総合支援資金). If both you (the borrower) and your head of household are exempt from paying inhabitant tax for the fiscal year 2021 or 2022 (both per capita rate and income rate are 0 yen), your repayments will be forgiven.

Please read the PDF file “Forgiveness from Payment of Emergency Small Amount Funds/General Support Funds (Special Loans)” (188KB) carefully before applying for forgiveness.

Note: Applications for repayment forgiveness must be postmarked by December 15, 2022 (Thursday).


Those ineligible for repayment forgiveness should notify us of the account from which the repayment will be debited.

Method 1: Use the Payment Account Online Registration Service (this link will open in a new window).

If you cannot use the above methods, please contact the Special Loan Center (TEL:050-2018-7020).

Please read the PDF file “Forgiveness from Payment of Emergency Small Amount Funds/General Support Funds (Special Loans)” (201KB) for more details.

Note: If you have any other difficulties in making repayment, you may be eligible for an extension, so please contact us (TEL:050-2018-7020) for details.


Please notify the Shiga Prefecture Council of Social Welfare of changes of address, contact information, or family name. Failing to inform us of changes may mean you don’t receive important notices, which could be detrimental to you and your family.

◇Documents required for notification of changes
Please send the following documents to the Shiga Prefecture Council of Social Welfare by post, etc.


【Change of address or family name】

PDF File: Notification of change of address (86KB)
 PDFファイル・記入例 (93KB)

②For changes of address
 A copy of your certificate of residence showing previous and current addresses

③For changes of family name
 A copy of your certificate of residence with your new family name



PDF File: Notification of death of borrower (91KB)

②Documents that can confirm that the borrower is deceased (e.g., a copy of the death certificate, a copy of documents showing the individual has been removed from certificate of residence)


◇Send to:

Tokurei Kashitsuke Jimu Center, Shiga-ken Shakai Fukushi Kyogikai, Choju Shakai Fukushi Center, 7-8-138 Kasayama, Kusatsu-shi, Shiga-ken 525-0072


Special Loan Center, Shiga Prefecture Council of Social Welfare
Note: Please be careful not to call the wrong number.

TEL:050-2018-7020 (reception hours: weekdays 9:00 to 17:00)